Add, import, transfer, search & manage existing PGP keys via Canary's Key Manager
The Manual Encryption Mode is used when:
- You plan on using your existing PGP keys generated via other apps / tools such as GPGTools, Symantec Encryption Desktop etc
- You plan on sending and receiving encrypted emails to / from users who do not use Canary (Canary's Auto encryption mode only works with other Canary users)
On Android, you can select Manual Encryption Mode via Canary > Settings > Security > Encryption Mode > Manual.
- To import your keys to Canary, you must first export them to your Android device from your current app / tool as a .asc file.
- After transferring the keys, open Key Manager in Canary for Android via Canary > Settings > Security > Encryption Mode > Manual > Keys :
- Now, click on Import > Browse and select the keys you want to add to the Key Manager.
- You can also create keys in Canary via Import > Generate Key.