Before adding any ProtonMail account to Canary, please download and install ProtonMail Bridge.
After installing the bridge, follow these steps :
- Open ProtonMail Bridge.
- Click on Sign in.
- Then click on Open Bridge to view the mailbox configuration.
- To open the mailbox configuration, Click on your Account Name.
- Now, open Canary Mail.
In the system menu bar, open the Canary Mail menu.
Click Add Account.
- Click on Other.
- Toggle ON 'Show Advanced'.
- Now, input the IMAP and SMTP settings from ProtonMail's mailbox configuration in Canary and Sign in.
- When redirected back to Canary, enter an arbitrary Account Name. This is how Canary will identify the account.
- Enter your Name, as you would like message recipients to see it in your messages' From field.
- Click continue.
- Please note that ProtonMail is only supported on macOS since their bridge is only available for macOS.