Configure your Android app based on your preferences.
The Accounts section lists the e-mail accounts you've added to Canary and provides access to settings for each. You may also add more accounts through the Add Account option.
The security section allows you to secure your emails with encryption & change Encryption Mode, Protect App Access, Load Remote Content (Load Remote Content will not load remote images, but inline images that are included in the email data will load.), Analytics.
The notification section allows you to set Notifications Type, Smart Notifications, enable/disable Sent Sound and change the notification sound per account.
You can choose between Push and Fetch notifications. Push notifications displays a pop-up message to alert you of an activity in real time. Use Push if you want real-time notifications, otherwise Fetch will download new emails when you’re connected to the internet. You can find more information here.
You can sync your macOS, iOS and Android devices by enabling Cross-Device Sync.
Swipe Actions lets you configure swipes to easily archive, delete, set to snooze, move etc. an email in the thread list.
You can edit the swipe actions via Canary > Settings > Swipe Actions > Tap on an action and select another action which is to be replaced.
The Thread Action lets you set different actions like pin, snooze, archive, move etc.
You can edit the thread actions via Canary > Settings > Thread Actions > Tap on Actions you want to change.
The Snooze Times allows you to manage snooze timings. It temporarily remove emails and reminders from your inbox until a certain time that you need them.
The After Archive/Delete actions will allows you to set actions after archive and delete.
Reading and Composing
- In Appearance you can set the theme of your app to Light or Dark. set app icon, preview lines, Enable the option to display the Avatars of your contacts, enable/disable account colors and change email viewer theme.
- The Language section allows you to change languages.
- You can change default browser to Chrome or in-app.
- Organize by Thread means that a message and all of its replies will be grouped together, rather than appearing in chronological order interspersed with all other messages
- The Signatures feature allows you to add, edit and delete Signatures you use for your email accounts.
- By using Templates section you can avoid repetition. Save and re-use frequently sent emails.
- Read Receipts will notify you when the receiver has read your email.
- Compose Suggestions will suggest you frequently used email addresses in the 'To' field.