Before adding any ProtonMail account to Canary, please download and install ProtonMail Bridge.
After installing the bridge, follow these steps :
- Open ProtonMail Bridge.
- Click on Add Account.
- After adding the account in ProtonMail, open the mailbox configuration.
Now, follow the steps below to add your ProtonMail account to Canary:
- Open Canary.
- Click the Add Account button.
- Click on Other.
- Toggle ON 'Show Advanced'.
- Now, input the IMAP and SMTP settings from ProtonMail's mailbox configuration in Canary and Sign in.
- When redirected back to Canary, enter an arbitrary Account Name. This is how Canary will identify the account.
- Enter your Name, as you would like message recipients to see it in your messages' From field.
- Click continue.