You can delete Canary from Launchpad or the Finder.
Use Launchpad to delete Canary
- To open Launchpad, click it in the Dock or open it from your Applications folder. You can also pinch close with your thumb and three fingers on your trackpad.
- If you don't see Canary in Launchpad, type its name in the search field at the top of the screen. Or swipe right or left with two fingers on your trackpad to show the next or previous page.
- Press and hold the Option (⌥) key, or click and hold Canary until the app jiggles.
- Click next to the app to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately. To delete an app that didn't come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
Use the Finder to delete Canary
- Locate Canary in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Remove Canary from the Home screen
Touch and hold Canary on the Home screen, then tap Edit Home Screen.
The apps begin to jiggle.
Tap on the app you want to remove, then tap Delete.
Tap Done (on an iPhone with Face ID) or press the Home button (on other iPhone models).
- Touch and hold Canary icon.
- Tap on 'X' or 'Uninstall' to remove the application.