Canary takes your privacy very seriously. Here you will find information on outgoing requests that Canary makes during normal use, including the purpose of the request, whether any personal info is involved, and how you can change Settings to turn off specific requests (if applicable).
Note that all of the following requests & services are GDPR-compliant. You can review legitimate use & other information here.
macOS & iOS
- googleapis.com & firebaseio.com - Facilitate the implementation and cross-device syncing of certain features such as read-tracking. No personal info sent.
- google-analytics.com, googleapis.com & app-measurement.com - Understand app / feature usage & user retention. Anonymized IP & data only available in aggregate. Can be disabled via Settings > Security > Analytics.
- time.google.com - Accurate time used for correct sorting and syncing of emails. No personal info sent.
- crashlytics.com - Crash reporting. Crash reports do not contain any personal data such as names, email addresses, or IP addresses. Can be disabled via Settings > Security > Analytics.
- clearbit.com - Avatars. No personal info sent. Can be disabled via Settings > Appearance > Avatars.
- appcenter.ms - Check for new beta builds (beta channel only). No personal info is sent.
- appsflyer.com - Install attribution which helps understand effectiveness of inbound marketing campaigns.
- dev.canarymail.io - Canary's Push notifications server that notifies you of new incoming emails. To check for new incoming email directly from your device, use Fetch instead.