You can configure Canary based on your personal preferences. To do this, go to Canary Mail > Preferences.
The General section allows you to configure different settings of your Canary app.
- Organize by Thread means that a message and all of its replies will be grouped together, rather than appearing in chronological order interspersed with all other messages.
- Load Remote Content will not load remote images, but inline images that are included in the email data will load.
- Analytics will share anonymized data to help guide app development.
- App Icon allows you to select where you want the App Icon : Menu Bar & Dock, Only Menu Bar or Only Dock.
- Preview Lines provides the option to select how many lines one can see in the message pane.
- Avatars allows you to display the Avatars of your contacts
- Account Colors will allow you to change the color of any account.
- Email Viewer Theme allows you to choose Active, Automatic or Light Theme to view your email. 'Active Theme' uses the currently active theme for the email viewer. 'Automatic Theme' uses the currently active theme for regular emails, and Light theme for emails with custom formatting. 'Light' always uses the light theme.
- The Language section allows you to change languages.
- The After Archive/Delete actions will allows you to set actions after archive and delete.
- Read Receipts will notify you when the receiver has read your email.
- Compose Suggestions will suggest you frequently used email addresses in the 'To' field.
Swipe Actions lets you configure swipes to easily archive, delete, set to snooze, move etc. an email in the thread list.
You can edit the swipe actions via Canary Mail > Preferences > General > Swipe Actions > Tap on an action and select another action which is to be replaced.
The Accounts section lists the e-mail accounts you've added to Canary and provides access to settings for each. You may also add more accounts through the + symbol.
The Notifications section allows you to manage all accounts notifications and sound, to turn on smart notification and to change sound of notification.
In signature section you can edit your own signature using different features shown below.
The Template Section allows you to add templates. Using Template section you can avoid repetition. Save and re-use frequently sent emails.
The security section allows you to secure your emails with encryption & change Encryption Mode.