- Google Drive
Currently, this feature is available only with Canary for macOS.
Connecting Canary for macOS to Dropbox or Google Drive
Although Dropbox is used for demonstration purposes here, the process is similar for both Dropbox and Google Drive. Simply choose the desired service in Step 4 below.
- In the system menu bar, click the Canary Mail menu.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click Dropbox; you will be redirected to Dropbox's authentication page.
- Enter your Dropbox log-in credentials, as shown below.
- Click Sign In; your default web browser will open.
- Click Allow to grant Canary access to your Dropbox account.
Your account is now connected with Canary. Note that, in Canary's Services preferences window, connected cloud accounts are displayed in blue.
Attaching Files from Cloud Storage Services on macOS
Attaching a file to an outgoing message is quick and easy.
- While composing a message, click the Attach icon as shown below.
- Click Attach via Dropbox (or Attach via Google Drive).
- Choose the file you wish to attach and Canary will automatically create a link to the file stored in your Dropbox or Google Drive account.
Attaching Files from Cloud Services on iOS
- Open Canary for iOS.
- Tap the Compose icon to open the message editor.
- Tap the Attachment icon, indicated below.
- Tap More.
- Enable Google Drive, Dropbox, or both, as you wish.
- Tap Done.
Your selected cloud storage services will now appear when tapping the Attachment icon.